I. Introduction and Overview
We may provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Listed below are additional disclosures that may be applicable to you.
- If you are a California resident, please see the additional privacy disclosures below in Disclosure For California Residents.
- If you are a Nevada resident, please see the additional privacy disclosures below in Disclosure For Nevada Residents.
- If you are a resident of Canada, please see the additional privacy disclosures in Disclosure For Canada Residents.
II. Information we collect
1. Information you provide to us or allow others to provide to us
At various points in the Shopfeur experience, you may provide us with information about yourself. For example, when you create an account through the Services, you provide us with personal information like your name, email address, and zip or postal code. And if you place an order through the Services, we collect information including your address, phone number, birth date (for alcohol orders or prescription delivery, where available), credit card information, vehicle license plate number(s) (for curbside pickup orders) and the details of your order. Your account information may be updated or corrected by accessing your account settings.
If you use the Services for prescription delivery (where available), the third-party pharmacy processing your prescription will provide us with your name, address, email address, birth date, phone number, the total amount being charged to you for the prescription drug product(s), and sales tax information for the prescription drug product(s) (if applicable). The third-party pharmacy will also share whether or not the prescription drug product you have ordered requires temperature control. If a prescription drug product delivered to you through the Services has been recalled, the third-party pharmacy will share your name, email address, the date of the prescription drug product order, and the total amount to be refunded to you with Shopfeur. The pharmacy will not disclose to us the name, quantity, manufacturer or distributor of the prescription drug you have ordered or any other PHI about you other than your status as a patient of the pharmacy.
We may also collect health information you provide directly to us regarding an experience with a retail partner that may require us to contact that retailer, or other retailer partners, for public health or safety reasons, or to facilitate a refund. We do not share your identity with the retailers that we may contact in such capacity but may share date, time and location of a transaction, which may allow a retailer to independently identify you.
If you log into the Services through a third-party service, both we and that third-party may receive some information about you and your use of the services. For example, if you choose to log into the Services with your Facebook account, we may receive information from Facebook, such as your name, e-mail address, public profile information, and information about your contacts. We may also offer social sharing tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button) that let you share actions on the Services with other websites and vice versa. In those cases, the providers of those tools may receive information about you when you use those tools. You should check the privacy policies of these third-party services and your settings there for more information.
If you wish to invite your friends and contacts to use the Services, we will give you the option of either entering in their contact information manually or, for United States residents, importing it from your address books on other third-party services. In both cases, we will store this information for the sole purposes of allowing you to send your friend's referral offers, for determining whether your friends use the Services after a referral is sent, and, for United States residents, to remind your friends of the referral sent on your behalf.
Our partners may let us collect information about the use of their sites/apps or share such information with us. For example, if you use a Shopfeur button or widget on another site or app, we may receive information about your use of that button or widget and the third-party site/app.
Shopfeur is active in local communities as part of our mission to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. You may provide us your information in connection with our community affairs efforts.
When you use the Services, we may collect precise location data. For instance, if you allow the Services to access location services through the permission system used by your device's mobile operating system or browser, we may collect the precise location of your device. We use your location information to facilitate the prompt hand-off of pickup orders (where available), to assist you in finding nearby stores for which pickup or delivery is available, for other similar purposes and for analytics purposes. You can choose whether or not to enable the location tracking feature through the settings on your device or browser, or when prompted by the Shopfeur mobile app. We may also infer your general location information, for example by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
2. Technical information about the usage of the Services
When you use the Services or browse our sites, either through a browser or mobile app, we automatically receive some technical information about the hardware and software that is being used.
Cookies, Pixels, and Other Tracking Technologies:
We, our partners, our advertisers, and third-party advertising networks use various technologies to collect information, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, scripts, and device identifiers. Cookies are small text files that are sent by your computer when you access our services through a browser. We, our partners, our advertisers, and third-party advertising networks may use session cookies (which expire when you close your browser), persistent cookies (which only expire when you choose to clear them from your browser), pixels, scripts, and other identifiers to collect information from your browser or device that helps us do things such as understand how you use our services and other services; personalize your experience; measure, manage, and display advertising on the Services or on other services; understand your usage of the Services and other services in order to serve customized ads, and remember that you are logged into the Services. Our partners, advertisers, and third-party advertising networks may use these technologies to collect information about your online activity over time and across different websites or online services. By using your browser settings, you may block cookies or adjust settings for notifications when a cookie is set. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to the online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We employ some third-party services to help us understand the usage of the Services and the performance of advertising, and these third parties may also deploy cookies, pixels, or other identifiers on the Services or collect information through our mobile applications. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand, in a non-personally identifying way, how users interact with various portions of the Services -- you can learn more about the information that Google may collect here.
When you use the Services or browse our sites, our servers will record information about your usage of the Services and information that is sent by your browser or device. Log information can include things like the IP address of your device, information about the browser, operating system and/or app you are using, unique device identifiers, pages that you navigate to and links that you click, searches that you run on the Services, and other ways you interact with the Services. If you are logged into the Services, this information is stored with your account information.
Interest-Based or Online Behavioral Advertising:
Shopfeur may use third-party advertising companies to serve interest-based advertisements to you. These companies compile information from various online sources (including mobile-enabled browsers and applications) to match you with ads that will be the most relevant, interesting, and timely for you. If you would like to opt-out of interest-based advertising, please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#/. Please note that you will be opted out of all interest-based advertising from all business members of the Network Advertising Initiative for that specific browser on that specific device. If you opt-out, you may continue to see Shopfeur’s or our partners’ online advertisements; however, these ads will not be as relevant to you.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) in a manner not permitted by COPPA. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information to the extent required by applicable laws.
We do not knowingly “sell,” as that term is defined under the California Consumer Protect Act (“CCPA”), the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
III. How we use your information
We may use the information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Provide the Services to you, improve the quality of the service, and develop new products and services
- Allow your Personal Shopper (which means those that shop for and/or deliver the order for you, including our retail partner and their employees/agents where applicable or our third-party providers) to choose your items at a retailer site, deliver your items to you, and/or call or text you with any updates or issues
- Charge you for the purchase and delivery costs through one or more payment processing partners
- Offer you customized content (including advertising, coupons, and promotions)
- Understand how users interact with the Services (including advertising both on and off the Services) as a whole and to test new features or changes in our features
- Provide customer service, respond to your communications and requests, and contact you about your use of the Services
- Send you messages related to our community affairs efforts
- Fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with prior notice to you and your consent
You can opt-out of receiving promotional communications from Shopfeur by using the settings on the Account Info page or by using the unsubscribe mechanism included in the message, where applicable.
IV. What we share
The Services comprise a platform that presents you with a set of one or more retailer virtual storefronts from which you can select goods for picking, packing, and delivery by individual Personal Shopper(s) to your location or, if available, for you to pick up in-store. In order to make this work, we need to share information about you and your order with the other parties who help enable the service. This includes, for example, the Personal Shopper(s) who pick and deliver your order, the payment processing partner(s) that we use to validate and charge your credit card, and the retail partner(s) from which you are purchasing goods. To be clear, only our payment processing partner(s) receives credit card information.
We also share information under the following principles:
- With your consent or at your direction — We will share your information with entities outside of the Services when we have your consent to do so or it is done in your direction. For example
- If you enter loyalty card information from a particular retailer, we share that information with the retailer you chose along with your order so that information can be added to your loyalty card account.
- If you share a recipe publicly on the Services, it is viewable by anyone along with your first name and last initial.
- If you invite friends to use the Services through our referral program or to share a shopping cart, we will share some information with the friends you invite like your name and picture. Likewise, if you choose to join someone else’s cart, they will see some of your information.
- With our retail partners — We may share your information with our retail partners in order to provide and maintain the Services.
- For external processing or service provision — We sometimes share information with third parties to process the information on our behalf or to otherwise provide certain services (such as delivery services, advertising services, or information to better tailor our services to you). For the purposes of this processing or provision of services, we may share your information with such third parties under appropriate confidentiality provisions.
- For legal purposes — We may share your information when we believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process, or requests from law enforcement or regulatory authorities, (b) prevent, detect, or otherwise handle fraud, security, or technical issues, and (c) protect the safety, rights, or property of any person, the public, or Shopfeur.
- On a non-personal or aggregate basis — We share information on both a non-personally identifying basis (including, but not limited to, order and delivery details but not including credit card information) or an aggregate basis.
- To enable purchase of alcohol (not available in all jurisdiction) — When you buy alcohol using the Services, we may be required by law to share certain information with the retailer who makes the sale. This information could include, among other things, the names and addresses of the purchaser and recipient, government issued ID information, the quantity, brand, price, proof, and volume of alcohol purchased, and a recipient signature.
- For business purposes — We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. We may also share your information between and among Shopfeur, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
V. Personal Health Information